WEEKEND PASTORAL LETTER 26 September 2021
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists,and some pastors and teachers,
12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
OBSERVATION AND INTERPRETATION
1. What are the Gifts of the Lord?
a) The focus of this text is enlightening
b) The Gifts of God are in the form of People!
c) People are God’s gifts!
2. A short list of people given to the Church
i) Two functions
ii) One office
3. What is no longer in existence?
All apostles and prophets had to prove themselves that they were true apostles and
prophets. There were many claims but few turned out to be true
4. Paul wrote about proofs of his apostleship
Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds 2 Cor. 12:12
a) Signs of an apostles
b) Signs and wonders and mighty deeds
5. The offices that remain
6. Some goals to consider
a) The equipping of the saints
b) The work of ministry
c) The edifying of the body of the Lord Jesus Christ
APPLICATION TO LIFE AND MINISTRY
1. What are our gifts?
a) Your righteous life
b) Your strong faith
c) Your deep knowledge
d) Your skills in teaching and preaching
2. Lay a strong foundation first
3. Cultivate your life in every way possible
4. If your life is significant, you will be God’s gift to the Church!
5. Pray for wisdom and comprehension to grasp the meaning of this word of God!
Pastor Charles Tan