WEEKEND PASTORAL LETTER 24 October 2021
20 But you have not so learned Christ,
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
OBSERVATION AND INTERPRETATION
1. Lessons about the Lord Jesus Christ
2. This matter had to be addressed directly:
3. Wrong learning
a) Where there is only a theoretical knowledge of the Lord
b) Many have some knowledge of the Lord
i) The Multitudes mentioned in the Gospels
ii) The Pharisees
iii) The Sadducees
iv) The scribes
v) The elders
c) The problem was that their knowledge did not change their lives
i) Hearts remained hardened
ii) Minds remained darkened
iii) Behaviour remained sinful
iv) The knowledge they had did not benefit them at all
4. The right kind of knowledge
a) Heard Him
b) Taught by Him
c) Did the Lord Jesus Christ appear to the Ephesians?
The answer is an Obvious NO!
5. What then does Paul mean?
a) True learning about the Lord
b) The lessons are learned as if they were there:
i) To hear the Lord Jesus teaching
ii) To learn as the Disciples of the Lord learned as they gathered around Him
APPLICATION TO LIFE AND MINISTRY
1. This is the kind of learning we want to see in our life
2. The Lives of the Disciples were obviously:
3. The weak Disciples became:
b) Powerful preachers
c) They became People of renown for the kingdom of God
4. Let us be challenged to learn correctly all the lessons we have been taught!
5. Pray for Bethany IPC pastors to become significant servants of God!
Pastor Charles Tan