As the Scriptures say (8)
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work (John 4:34)
Jesus said to them
- What Jesus himself utters is
- This is how Jesus explains about himself to the disciples
- What Jesus does explains who he is
- What he says expresses who he is
- The disciples must understand Jesus better
- As they listen to him
- As they consider what Jesus says (Cf. 2 Tim.2:7)
- How attentive should we be as Jesus speaks?
My food is to do the will of him…
- Food sustains us physically at least
- Doing the will of God the Father sustains Jesus
- It is as delightful as having food at the right time
- It is as necessary to his life-ministry as food is to his physical body
- Jesus seeks to obey God as the highest authority over his life
- God the Father sent him with purpose
- God the Father set for him agendas
- How much more should we be interested in finding out what God has reserved for us (Eph.2:10)?
To accomplish his work
- Jesus is determined to carry to the end the work of God the Father
- He must then do it, making full use of the resources God has provided
- The power of the Spirit – Jesus is filled with the Spirit of God (Isa.11:1-2)
- The Scriptures –Jesus is identified with the Word (John 1:1-14, Cf. Matt.4:1-11)
- He must also seek to accomplish it, no matter what it may take
- How seriously should we be committed to fulfilling the ministry?
THOUGHTS FOR REFLECTION
- Ministry is all about doing what God wants each of us to do
- What is a specific work God assigns you to do?
- Fulfill your ministry from the Lord!
To Contact : [email protected]