As the Scriptures Say… (59)
Be reminded of the history
But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
But I want to remind you…
- To remind is to bring into remembrance
- Jude seeks to remind his audience of what God did in history
- Jude reminds his audience of one of Israeli’s historical incidents
- Though his readers knew the incident before
- Though his readers knew it so well
That the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt
- The Lord (Kurios) had saved His people out of the land of Egypt
- The Lord had delivered them out of Egypt because
- He loved them (Deut.7:8)
- He would keep His oath sworn to their fathers (Deut.7:8)
- The Lord had delivered them out of Egypt, that
- They would be a people for God Himself (Deut.7:6)
- They would be a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth (Deut. 7:6)
- How privileged they were!
Afterward destroyed those who did not believe
- Privilege at hand does not guarantee what would come next!
- The people who were led out of the land of Egypt with the might hand of God
- Struggled in their journey of faith
- Started rebelling against God and His chosen leader Moses in the wilderness
- Thus, God was not pleased with them
- Finally, He destroyed most of them in the wilderness due to their unbelief (Cf. 1 Cor.10:1-5)
- What a terrible end of life!
Reminders to All
- The Lord will definitely hold all false teachers accountable
- The Lord will surely deal with those who follow the false teachers and their doctrines
- Let us be instructed through the examples recorded in the Scriptures (1 Cor.10:11)
To Contact : [email protected]